Low-energy house with spectacular views
Modern low-energy residential house is offering a high quality of living in harmony with nature. It is situated in a quiet rural setting and is distinguished by a panoramic view of the Drava field expanding from Haloze to Pohorje. It is located 4 km from the motorway, which will connect Maribor and Zagreb in 2017, 10 km from Ptuj, the oldest Slovenian town and 26 km from Maribor Airport.
On the land with the size of 3,656 m2 you can find a young vineyard, diverse fruit trees (apple, cherry, walnut, plum, apricot, pear, fig), a small vegetable garden and a panoramic spot. Access road is paved and used only for access to the house. The house, which was built in 2010, has an open floor plan. All used materials are of high quality in order to ensure maximum energy efficiency.
- Exterior wall: 30 cm brick block with 20 cm of thermal insulation (Styrofoam graphite (λD = 0.032 W / (m.K))), wooden windows with triple glazing and internal blinds, granite interior and exterior window sills
- Roof: 32-48 cm of thermal insulation, roofing tiles Bramac, chimney Schiedel (flue pipe diameter of 20 cm)
- Ground: 12 to 20 cm of thermal insulation, coated with ceramic tiles
House size: 305 m2
Living area: 223 m2
- on the ground floor (148 m2): living room with kitchen and dining room, bedroom with dressing room, bathroom, laundry room and a large room (pantry) with separate entrance;
- the staircase and loft (78 m2): a gallery, which is also a work area with a reading nook, a bedroom, which has can be rearranged into two rooms with a partition wall and a bathroom.
Below the living area is a garage with the Crawford sectional garage door (32 m2), a wine cellar, a room for social gatherings and an extra toilet room (34 m2).
- Low temperature underfloor and wall heating (installed materials by Harreither). The heating system solution consists of the hot water fireplace by manufacturer Jolly Mec (TERMOJOLLY 80) and 1000 liter water container (ECO 1000) for the preparation of safe tap water. The container has a built-in solar heat exchanger, which is connected to 6 solar collectors Alosun type TS101 (vertical panels of 12 m2). The entire system is controlled by two adjustable heating controllers PROMATIC D20 and SGC35 Seltron. Fireplace heating (using firewood) is needed only during the cold winter months (consumption approx. 9 m3 of logs (33 cm) per year), in other seasons the solar system is sufficient. Heating is also possible with an integrated electric heater (eg. in the case of longer absence).
- Video-surveillance security system (DVC DVR - 2708D1 with 6 cameras DVC-CAM-OC3954SH-V4-IR) and an advanced wireless alarm system PowerMax Express, produced by Visonic Ltd.
- BEAM Central vacuum system by Electrolux
- Air conditioner Panasonic CS / CU-YE12QKE (the cooling capacity of 3.5 kW, energy class A +)
- Wastewater treatment plant by Roto
- All household appliances, telephone and internet connection
- Indoor and outdoor rainwater storage (approximately 10,000 l)
The surrounding of the house is thoughtfully planned out in accordance with the diversity of the property. There is a planted rockery and scarps with watering system, stone walls, retro fence made of oak wood and a panoramic spot with a swing. There is a large terrace in the size of 38 m2 on the south side of the house and a covered terrace with a balcony in the size of 16 m2 on the west side. The house is bathed in sunlight which makes it really enjoyable. Beautifully, but mainly functionally equipped and spacious home will mostly suit lovers of nature and peace. The house can also be used as a holiday home, since it's a great retreat from modern urban lifestyle.