This picturesque farm is located between the Rooiberg and Small Swartberg (Klein Swartberge) in a beautiful quiet valley halfway between Calitzdorp and Ladismith, only 7 kilometers from the well -known Seweweekspoort.
• 4ha Apricots (Bulida) yielding 52 tons - drip irrigated
• 4 ha yellow peaches yielding 30 tons – drip irrigated
• 8 ha lucerne with gravity irrigation from the 4 dams
• 4 dams fed by a pipe from fresh mountain water
• Water turns from fresh mountain stream first farm on stream, with 42 hours from one stream every 16th day and 29 hours from second stream , rendering a water supply every 8 days effectively
• Fruit delivered to Rhodes or Ceres Fruit Producers
• Borehole supplying house with fresh water
• Sheep paddock
• Farming equipment included (inter alia) two 4X4 tractors, 4 tonne truck, 2 lucerne bailers, mower, slasher, ghrop, rake, two trailers (2 ton and 6 ton) plus small items
• 3 phase electricity direct from ESKOM
• Herd of 300 Meatmaster sheep (not included in the sale but could be negotiated separately.
• Potential for garlic, onions, potato and grapes to be planted as an option
• 100 ha fynbos mountain area perfect for Protea or cattle
HOUSE AND BUILDINGS:
Historic house built in the 1800’s but renovated in 1910. A new wing was added much later giving a total floor space of 270 sqm, with 4 bedrooms 2 en-suite, large farmhouse kitchen including an Argha wood stove in working condition. Open plan dining room which flows to both the kitchen and the lounge. A/C in kitchen, with fans in the bedrooms. TV room.
Large outdoor braai area under magnificent shady trees and lush garden.
Flat which can be used for tourism purposes, consisting of 1 bedroom, bath room and kitchen overlooking the orchards.